June 20, 2007

Made in America!!

... but it was close! After grating #2 three times, I finished my pals socks in America. They will be blocked in Germany though. These socks have done a lot of traveling. I think about including a world map with all there travel routes, when I send them off to ... somewhere!
Sorry, but besides Lobby there was no small feeted foot model available at the moment. For the other animal friends: No, I did not threaten him with putting some boiling water on the stove to make him pose for this picture! If I find another human model this afternoon I will post another picture.
I really like the way the pattern came out and I still like the yarn. But when I ripped the toe of the second sock 2x I had the impression that the yarn is already starting to felt a little. But maybe it's only my weird impression, I hope so. The dark stripes that you can see in the picture are not so dark in reality. The yarn did not pool at all and shows off the leaves really nice. Another picture, this time seafood free:Specs:
yarn: Cherry Tree Hill color: green, blue, brown (but there's no brown in the sock)
needles: 2.5mm Bamboo (the old ones) size: 6.5
pattern: Kew heel: Hufeisenferse (horse shoe heel)
alterations: I cast on 60 stitches instead of 70sts => 6 repeats on the leg, 3 repeats on the foot
Note to self: Take the grafting instructions from One Skein or IK, not knitty!!!

I didn't know what to start next. My quilting is already packed and I wanted another small project, that I can knit on the plane and at the airport. So I started another pair of socks, this time for me. I know that my upstream sockpal hasn't yet started the socks she/he's knitting for me. So, maybe it's no good idea to knit myself some socks right now... I don't know. But socks are so practical...
Idea: I am not going to post yarn, pattern and work in progress until the socks are sent off. Just in case she/he picked the same pattern or color. That way I won't destroy any plans she/he already has. (I AM SO CURIOUS!)
And if I get the same pattern there won't be a problem, because I love it and having two pairs would be three times the fun. And: I have to admit, that right now I'm not sure if the pattern may be to complicated for me... It's definitely no TV knitting. So let's wait until I get more than one repeat done.

2 comments:

alltangledup said...

i love those Kew socks. The yarn really suits the pattern

Anonymous said...

Wow! How awesome that Polly came over and complimented your KEW SOCKS!! How special for you and for the pal you're knitting for!!! They really turned out beautiful and the yarn color is wonderful!