June 09, 2007

No-Palooza Monkeys and EZ Baby Surprise Jacket

One good thing about a new blog is I can post pictures of some old things:

This BSJ was great fun to knit! Knitted in only one piece, it looked really, really odd while on the needles and there was almost no seaming. It's for my god child and will hopefully fit him in three weeks. It's Lornas Laces Shepherd Sport in Ravenswood. I finished it in 04/07.
His mom got a pair of socks against cold feet in long nights or at early mornings. I knitted some Monkeys for her. That was before they turned out to be the Sockapalooza4-Hit! But people, I really can understand why you all like knitting them. They are great and there will definitely be a second pair of Monkeys for myself one day!
The yarn was Regia Silk in a cream/off-white colourway until I discovered koolaid dying and had to try it. Now they are orange, red and still have a few original spots. The button is a little pewter kitten for my cat loving friend.
The Socka-Kew-Loozas decided to take a little break to make more time for 'Green Gables'. I think on monday there should be some pictures of finished 'Green Gables'. Maybe you can help me out here: How can I block cotton? Can I block cotton? Advice is appreciated.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you do a swatch for the cotton!? If not I'd sure make one and wash/dry it according to the instructions on the ball band. Some cottons come out great when they air dry and others go through the dryer like a DREAM! Try a swatch first!

I love those Monkeys - they really are the Sockapalooza hit, huh?! You won't find me by searching for who is knitting Monkeys, that's for SURE! I'll be one knitting with hand dyed yarn in a pattern that isn't being used by everybody else. But don't start looking yet because I haven't started yet. :)

Can't wait to see Green Gables! Yay!

Carrie said...

Love your Monkeys--I haven't started a pair myself, but the more I see them the more I like them.

Katjaquilt said...

Thanks for stopping by at my blog and leave a comment. Regarding your question - can you send me an E-Mail at my private mail account (via my blogger profile).
Katja

Sheryl said...

Love the baby sweater. What pattern is that (no seams is my type of sweater...)

Anonymous said...

Hm! That other person is an impostor!! I'm the only Sockapalooza Pal you've got!.... aren't I? heh

I bet they left a comment for their pal and forgot to change their information when they went to a different blog! I've done that before. hehe