June 11, 2007

Time is running...

Today in exactly two weeks we are going to leave for Germany... At the moment I am pending between 'I don't want to' and 'If I really have to, than make today'. Of course I am looking forward to seeing my family and dear friends again who could not visit us here. But saying good bye now is different from one year ago in Germany. We could be pretty sure, that we would see the people again one year later. Now in some cases this won't be the same.
Okay, enough of this. I finished my last quilting project, before packing my sewing machine and other quilting stuff: 2 place mats as a small gift for a house warming party tonight. They are all machine made. I especially like the asian print with the herons. I found it very cheap in the left over bin at the quilt shop. The fabric in the upper right corner may be a little to light, but if I have a little time this afternoon I will quilt the couples names in there. I think that will highlight this corner.Next is 'Green Gables'. Sorry for this picture, I forgot to ask my husband to take a shot of me before he left this morning. In reality it looks much better. The only thing is, I'm never going to wear it because I like too much. I really enjoyed knitting it. And again: No seams! This time not one. I hate seaming in knits. In my opinion they belong in quilts.
Another picture without content:
Here the colour is much better. You can get an idea of the little shine the yarn has to it. Maybe it's the merino part. 'Green Gable' is not blocked or washed yet. Right now one swatch of the yarn is enjoying a ride in the washing machine and another handwashed swatch is drying pinned to the sofa (Thank you, secret pal!!!!!).
Now back to my 2nd sockapalooza sock! I really would like to finish it this week. If I am really good, I can cast it off tomorrow at my last knitting meeting... sniff...

By the way, someone asked about the Baby Surprise Jacket. The pattern is by Elizabeth Zimmermann. You can get it here. I never worked a pattern that was written with so much humor and whit. I think it is also published in one of her books.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh if you like reading that pattern you'll LOVE EZ's books!! Great book for the bedside table. You'll go to sleep in a good mood every night. :)

Green Gables looks GREAT GREAT GREAT!! WHY wouldn't you wear it if you love it so?? Make another one so you won't have to worry about it getting worn out! hehe

Anonymous said...

P.S. I'll still be your same friend no matter where you live. :)