June 15, 2007

Adventures of the Green Sock

Sockapalooza Sock Number 2 keeps growing and growing. The socks had an interesting week. On Wednesday both socks tried to convince me to take them to Fenway Park. Number 2 almost convinced me by reminding me of the knitting time I would most probably spent on the T. But I told them the Home of the Red Sox is not a good place for 1 1/2 little Green Socks. They had to stay home, together with my Colorado T-Shirt. When we came home, I told them they had not missed much. Colorado won 12:2. The T-Shirt does no longer talk to me.

Yesterday I took Number 2 with me for an adventure. My husbands work group went on a group trip to Block Island, Rhode Island. We went on a bike tour, spent some time on the beach and later had seafood in Point Judith. I got a good deal of knitting done on the ferry and later on the beach.The sock saw the ocean and then relaxed on the beach (unfortunately it has the same colour as the beach towel).
After a very long but nice day Number 2 came back home and told her finished friend all about it. Now Number 1 does no long talk to me.
I think I have a serious problem here. Maybe I should stop talking to fabric objects...

What do you think Number 2?

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Number 2 looks good, but I don't think that I am speaking to that sock either. Frolicking on the beach, while I'm stuck in the office. Hmmm.

Anonymous said...

Kathinka! I hope you never stop talking to your fabric items. hehe I do it a LOT. Generally I speak to actual fabric (not knits) asking what they want to become! Okay, I do talk to yarn. When I start you socks I will talk to them a lot so they will have a lovely story to tell when they arrive. :)