June 05, 2007

Cowboy sock is back from 'Way out West'

I spent my last week doing this:
My final treat for my year in the US was a cowboy vacation at the Colorado Cattle Company. I had so much fun! I spent up to 7hours a day in the saddle, learned how to drive cattle, learned (tried...) to rope, helped branding calves. Oh, I want to go back...
I fell asleep every free minute, because of the fresh air and all the fun I had. Yes, I really enjoyed getting up at 5.50am to catch horses, having sore muscles all over my body and being dirty and totally worn out by 9pm. Only horse people can understand that, I think.
Of course my second Kew went with me, but I did not make as much progress as I had planned. The flights were too bumpy to knit. Since I don't know, if my pal has any allergies and I did not want to ask, I kept it away from horses, cows and dogs. But there is one picture of the cowboy sock:The sock says: Yieeeeh-ha!
On the ranch it really missed its already finished sock companion, that had to stay home. After having seen enough horses, cows, rattle snakes and coyotes it was happy to get back in its knitting tote. Maybe it was a little afraid of being roped and branded...

No comments: