May 17, 2007

An apple for the teacher

Yesterday was my last quilting lesson... We cleaned the closets, organized the fabrics and raffled the friendship quilt. It's going to Korea! Before we had a potluck lunch, everyone got a little 'diploma' including a half yard of New England fabric. Since I am leaving the group I got a goodbye present. 5 fat quarters named 'An apple for the teacher'. I was really surprised and there were some tears involved... I'm really going to miss this group!
I gave the Lily purse to our teacher and think she really liked it.
I think my fabrics call for an Apple Core Quilt... but I do not like curves... So maybe something with some Schoolhouse blocks in the border ... or Boston Common, wouldn't that be appropriate? But it will take a while to decide what project to start with it.

No comments: