May 08, 2007

Second final pattern decision

My first final decision was this german leaf pattern (Hope this link works this time). After having completed 2inch of the leg I still was not able to memorize the pattern, made mistakes, had to frog and was quite unhappy with my pals sock. And I managed to break one of my dpn's while k3tog....
I'm going to travel a lot in the next weeks and until then knitting time will be rare. That's why I really want a pattern I can memorize and knit on the train and on the plane. So I frogged the whole thing and again searched for patterns. I liked the leaf motif because it reminds me of my pal, why will be told later. One of the other sockapaloozers posted a link to 'Kew' on her blog. I tried it and finished about half of the pattern. I think this is my second final decision. The leafs are bigger but I think even better to see than in the first pattern.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, Polly's "Kew" pattern is so lovely. Your color is great for it too! How thoughtful that you are using a pattern that reminds you of the person you are knitting for. :)