May 14, 2007

Everything green

If you look at my WIPs, you will think, she likes green! First a green purse, now a green sweater and green socks for my pal. I assure you: I can knit other colours, too!

'Green Gables' by Zephyrstyle is making good progress. For the shaping I did not really stick to the pattern. I really like the construction of the pattern, one piece, no seaming. The stockinette stitch starts to get a little boring now, but you can knit it without having to concentrate. Oh, and how could I knit a sweater with this name in any other colour than green? It's Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in olive. Imagine the little red haired girl from Avonlea wearing this colour... I read all the books. When I first saw the pattern I knew I liked it, when I read the name I had to knit it.
My sock pal's socks are making some progress. I reached the heel flap today. The Kew pattern is very addictive. It was a good choice to change the pattern. And I really like the yarn. It knits up wonderful. I started the heel flap today.
My pal's feet are quite small, much smaller than mine. I decided to CO only 60sts instead of 70sts as asked for in the pattern. One of my husband colleagues was nice and tried to get the cuff over her heels. I was relieved when it worked.
The sock pictures do not really capture the real colour ... may be next time.

I am so thrilled, that my pal takes a look at my blog from time to time and leaves comments. I am so glad, that I have heard from both my pals up and down stream. Poor knitters who are still waiting for contact with their pals...

3 comments:

Kate said...

Your socks are gorgeous. I love the Kew pattern and the colour is shimmery, even if it's not accurate! :-)

Lorena said...

I agree-- gorgeous! This is a quick, addictive little sock to knit. I'm glad I went with the red for the pair I'm knitting, but after seeing yours, I may have to go with green for my next pair - because I have a feeling I'll be knitting these again!

Anonymous said...

Your socks look wonderful! Funny thing, when I saw them on Knitty, I went...eh. But I see *your* version and go WOW!! :)